New to the Online Shop: Frog Tree Yarns
We'd like to introduce the newest additions to the online shop: Frog Tree Yarns' Picoboo and Ewetopia.
Picoboo (at left) is a sport weight plied yarn made from 40% cotton and 60% bamboo. It is also a machine washable yarn. Good for both knitting and crochet, the yarn is very soft and is a great fit for summer projects and baby and children’s projects. For knitters, we suggest using a wooden or blunt needle with Picoboo. We carry 11 colorways, seen at left.
Here are two free patterns we think will work well with Picaboo:
- Jane Green's crochet Pineapple Top - we love it for layering in the summer, and it's on-trend with what we see in the stores. So much fun.
Ewetopia (below) is Frog Tree Yarns' lovely DK weight plied Merino wool yarn made from 50% superwash Merino wool and 50% Merino wool. The Merino wool makes this a very soft yarn that offers great stitch definition and a springy, comfortable fabric once knit or crocheted up. The superwash wool absorbs the dye differently than the plain Merino, resulting in a slightly tonal appearance to the yarn. The 50/50 composition of this wool yarn also yields a unique fabric if felted. Just look at the 12 gorgeous colors we have!
Here are a few free patterns we think will work well with Ewetopia:
- Jennifer Hoel's Garter Yoke Baby Cardi is a perfect holiday gift for that little one in your life - and it only needs 300 yards of yarn. It's never too early to start holiday projects, right? It's available in German, Italian and Spanish translations, too.
- Tora Froseth Design's Little Sister's Dress is a great top-down seamless knit available in 3 months-24 months sizes. The pattern is available in English, French, and Norwegian.
- Beans the Cat from Linda Dawkins is a fun and quick knit toy. Knit that tail as long as you like for a whimsical effect. Make one of the kids' patterns above, and make Beans with the leftovers!
- And to give the adults some options, we love this crochet Loops! I Did it Again shawl by Creative Cia. It's airy and scallop-y, and just plain pretty.