Shop full of New Yarn and Classes
In case you're not on our mailing list (shame, shame!), here's what we highlighted in the Winter Newsletter. We don't send out a lot of emails to our list, only contacting you when we have something really important to say. You can join the list here.
Carol joined us this fall and is a fantastic addition to our store, bringing with her both expert knitting experience and at least 25 years in the knitting & needlepoint community. Join her on Sundays for her Knit-Along With Carol afternoons - bring whatever is on your needles (or hooks)!
New Yarn -- Daily!
We're adding new yarn to the shop almost daily that Alice picked up at the big FIber Arts convention, TNNA, in January. We're unpacking new boxes almost every day, so be sure to stop in to pet the new pretties! Other new yarn/additions to the shop include varieties of Malabrigo, Artyarns, Mirasol, Cascade, and Rhichard Devreize, as well as:
Spinning fibers & Kits:
- Happy Fuzzy Yarns Merino/Tencel Combed Top, Merino Yak Combed Top & Bombyx Silk Combed Top
- Frabjous Fibers Hand Dyed BFL Top & Organic Polwarth Top
- Kraemer Yarns' Mauch Chunky Roving for beginning spinners!
- Silk Jewell by Sweater Kits
- Artist Hand-dyed Sock
- Feza's Amaze, Capri & Jewell
- Carlton Yarns' Alpaca Divine, Merino Supreme & Silky DK
- Cool Wool and Arioso by Lana Grossa
- Rosyln, North Shore, Big Wheel, and Forest Hills By Cascade
- Mirasol Yarns' Sulka Nina
- Silk Jewell by Sweater Kits
- Louet's Euroflax Linen
- Mango Moon's Mulberry Meadow
- Euro Yarn's Babysoft Cotton
- Frabjous Fibers Cheshire Cat 5 mini skein gradient kits
- Artyarns New Shawl Kits (Every Which Way, Shawl for all Seasons, and Florentine)
New Classes Coming Soon!
Did you know we offer more than 20 classes at Raging Wool taught by in-shop personnel?
- Knitting Dog Sweaters
- Ravigate: Learning how to use the Web site Ravelry
- Tunisian Crochet
- Fixing Boo-Boos: Little Boo-Boos & Big Boo-Boos
- How to Read Charts (knit and crochet) - and more.
New! We'll soon be adding a New Techniques in Weaving class that will introduce new manipulations for the warp and weft. Keep your eyes on our calendar, or call the shop for more details.
New! Also, we now offer Private Spinning classes with Aileen (see n at our spinning corner, at right). Classes are in the shop on our very own spinning wheels.
For more information or to register for classes, call the shop: (954) 385-0861 or (888) 509-1364
Raging Wool on the Web
The Google folks stopped by in December to capture us on film. If you Google us, you can now see our new, fancy, 360-degree store view online. Check it out here.
Also, Alice was the subject of a short video produced by University of Miami student Zhou Fang, who wanted to profile women in business. We're so excited to see Alice in the spotlight for all her hard work and love of helping customers. Click here to see the video.
Our Group in Ravelry is our home away from home. If you love to keep track of your projects there, find new ones, research yarns, or just enjoy being part of a site that is entirely about yarn and fiber arts, come visit us in our Ravelry group! There, we talk about what's on our needles, what KALs or CALs we should do next, answer questions, and share shop news. Visit the Raging Wool Ravelers here.
Most recently, some of us participated in the Scoreboard KAL from Skacel Yarns. We're showing off our finished cowls on Ravelry, so come take a look!
Perks at Raging Wool - Loyalty Points and Free Shipping!
- You always Earn $10 for every $200 of Raging Wool Yarn Shop purchases.
- Each and every purchase at the shop, whether in-store, or online, accrues automatically to your account.
- Once your purchases add up to $200, we will automatically apply $10 credit toward your next purchase.
- Free Shipping: Every online order of $25 or more in the continental United States can ship free. If you need your yarn faster, you can upgrade to Priority Mail shipping for a fee.