We're In the Tropical Yarn Crawl 2017!
Big News: Raging Wool is excited to be one of 8 (yes, EIGHT) local yarn stores from the Treasure Coast to South Florida to participate in the Tropical Yarn Crawl 2017.
The yarn crawl begins on Friday, January 27th, 2017 and runs through Saturday, February 4th, 2017. This year, EIGHT Florida-based local yarn shops (LYS) from Vero Beach to Miami will participate in this nine-day event. As part of the Tropical Yarn Crawl, each yarn shop hold a raffle for a prize basket, and the participants who complete the crawl (it's okay now to scream out "Road Trip!") will be entered in a raffle for the Grand Prize! Also, participating shops will hold trunk shows, yarn tastings, book signings, and other demonstrations of interest to knitters, crocheters, and weavers.
Pick up or download the Official Tropical Yarn Crawl Passport at any one of the participating shops, and make your way from store to store collecting passport stamps. This 9-day event will feature special events at each store, prizes at each store, plus a Grand Prize to those intrepid fiber fans who get their passport stamped at all of the 8 stores!
Special activities at the Raging Wool will include:
- Raging Wool will have expanded hours during the Crawl, listed below.
- We will also feature a trunk show from our much-loved Rhichard Devrieze including patterns and finished products in his amazing yarn and hand-dyed colorways.
- And to give you a sneak peek, the Raging Wool Prize Basket will feature yarn from our newest addition to our online shop, yarn from the wonderful MJ Yarns (more on this, below)!
- The exclusive colorway for the Tropical Yarn Crawl is now in stores and also available online! Baah Yarns Savannah in "Tropical 2017," is amazing, don't you think (see below)?
Some of the most fun news about the Crawl is already in stores -- the Tropical Yarn Crawl has its own exclusive colorway from Baah Yarns! Their Savannah yarn has been dyed especially for the Crawl and is only available at participating shops for a limited time. Just take a look at this beauty they call "Tropical 2017" that's a blend of Cashmere, Superwash Merino, and Nylon! It's in our online shop, too - click here to check it out!
During the Yarn Crawl, our Raging Wool business hours will be:
- Monday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday Wednesday & Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The full line-up of participating shops:
- The Knitty Gritty, Vero Beach
- Knit or Knot Yarns, Jupiter
- Just ImaginKnit, Lake Worth
- Knitters Nook, Boynton Beach
- Sheep Thrills, Lauderhill
- Yarns and Arts, Fort Lauderdale
- Raging Wool Shop, Pembroke Pines
- Knitting Garden, Coral Gables