Shop By Category
Welcome to the Raging Wool Yarn Shop!
We welcome you to South Florida’s premier yarn shop experience, where you’ll always find friendly, expert-level help. Best of all, it's the personalized attention you receive, the quality and incredible selections of yarns as well as the personalized knitting, crochet, weaving and spinning instruction we offer, is what differentiates us from all the rest. Visiting the Raging Wool Yarn shop in Pembroke Lakes is a welcomed respite away from the hustle and bustle of urban South Florida.
Shop Location1850 NW 122 Terrace
Pembroke Pines, Fl 33026
The Raging Wool Yarn Shop is located in the Pill Box Plaza in Pembroke Lakes, a quiet and safe residential neighborhood of Pembroke Pines in Southwest Broward County.
Just north of Aventura and Miami Lakes, on the Broward County / Miami-Dade County line, the Raging Wool Yarn Shop is easily accessible from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Boca Raton. If you are visiting from Naples or the Florida Keys, we are a quick visit via I-75!
Inside the Shop
Tour our shop with Google Store View in full 360 degrees.
We organize yarns by weight, color, & fun.
The shop's yarn collection spans over 300 bins, shelves, and baskets filled with yarn from more than 100 different yarn brands and independent hand spinners and dyers. While we carry different weights, fibers, and colors from the well-known yarn brands such as Malabrigo, Berroco, Plymouth and Cascade, we are also well-known for having one of the nations's largest collections of small "mom & pop" independent dyers & spinners. The high quality of these yarns, along with their choices of colors empowers you to knit, crochet and weave uniquely beautiful wearable works of art.
You will find an extensive collection of knitting needles, crochet hooks, supplies, kits, and gift sets at the Raging Wool Yarn Shop. We carry a very large selection of Knitter’s Pride needles as well as Hiya Hiya, ChiaGoo, Lantern Moon, Clover, Addi crochet hooks, Susan Bates, and Brittany brands.
We have a dedicated knit and crochet pattern library area. Additionally, there are multiple craft tables and an additional room where we teach all levels of knitting, crochet, weaving and spinning classes. The owner, Alice, personally teaches over two dozen (25+) different knitting, crochet, weaving classes. Classes are taught on weekdays, evenings and weekends. Check out all of our knitting, crochet, weaving and yarn spinning class descriptions!
Raging Wool Customer Perks
- Automatically earn $10 off with our Customer Awards program. You always Earn $10 for every $200 of Raging Wool Yarn Shop purchases. Each and every purchase at the shop, whether in-store, or online, accrues automatically to your account. Once your purchases add up to $200, we will automatically apply $10 credit towards your next purchase.
- Expert Project Help. We differentiate ourselves by providing you with free, highly personalized, expert level assistance, to help you successully enjoy and complete each of your projects, from beginner to advanced.
- Yarn Winding & Blocking Services. When you buy skeins in the store (or online), we will wind your yarn purchases at no charge if you want us to. You can also wind your own yarns, of course. Blocking is provided for a nominal fee.
- Free Shipping. We ship anywhere in the United States for any order over $25, and, of course, offer free order pickup at our store all the time.
- Free Parking. Enjoy the free parking in the tree-lined Pill Box Plaza so you can stay in the shop for as short, or a long as a period of time that you want and not worry about feeding a parking meter or having your car towed away!
- WiFi Access. To help you with pattern research either on Ravelry or just to stay in touch with your friends (or your office), the shop provides free High Speed Wi-Fi access.
- Freshly Ground Coffee & Teas! We offer complimentary hot tea and coffee from our fancy Jura espresso maker, which grinds beans for your cup. Soft drinks and other beverages are available for purchase.
- Expert Blocking Services. We are expert blockers! For a nominal fee, bring your completed project back to the shop and we'll block it so that it has that professsionallly perfect 'finished' look!
- Attention, weavers & spinners! In addition to all the knitting and crochet supplies, the Raging Wool Shop carries knitters looms, rigid heddle looms, and weaving frames, plus we offer a free training class to anyone who purchases their first loom from us! For spinners, we stock spinning wheels, roving yarn and classes for hand spinning your own yarns.
About the Owner, Alice
Find Fun, Friends and Creativity Here.
Alice, the owner, began to crochet before her teens as she learned these skills from her grandmother while in elementary school. Take a moment and watch this short YouTube video interview of Alice and a view into the shop. It is a key passion of hers - the handing down of these ancient arts to adults and children of all ages and all backgrounds.
With over 40 years of knitting and crochet experience, customers seek her out for help with their most demanding projects and to take beginning or advanced classes with her. She's been teaching knitting and crochet classes for over ten years! Alice teaches weaving with looms and enjoys hand spinning with drop spindles and wheels.
As a Miami native, Alice began her teaching career at Dade Christian School and then later with the Miami-Dade Public School System. Very active with the Boy Scouts of America, she quickly became a Scoutmaster for Troop 350, earning the Order of the Arrow, located at Temple Sinai in North Miami Beach. In those days, the only yarn stores located in the Aventura area were "Great Balls of Yarn" and also the "Yarn Shoppe", located nearby in Ojus (where Alice's children went to Elementary School). After moving to Miramar, Alice soon began teaching at "Tropical Yarns" located in Miramar. Years later, in 2011, she opened the Raging Wool Yarn Shop located in the Indian Trace Center on the boundary between Weston and Sunrise in West Broward. In 2015, she moved the shop to it's current, larger location in Pembroke Lakes, a quiet, safe and arboreal neighborhood of Pembroke Pines, which is just north of the Miami-Dade and Broward County line.
When Alice is home, in restaurants, on a plane, on a ship, or a passenger in a car, you will find her with some sort of yarn in her hands. In fact, it's hard to ever find a moment in time that Alice doesn't have knitting needles or crochet hooks at the ready. As a regular member of the The National NeedleArts Association, Alice learns new techniques, technologies and dyers and brings these back to the local community, several times each year. Besides the fiber arts, Alice was also an active member of the Ceramic League of Miami, prior to dedicating all her time to opening and teaching at the Raging Wool Yarn shop.
If you have “a thing” for yarn, too, you will feel right at home at the Raging Wool. If you are just beginning, come in and let us show you what it’s all about. Alice has been a longtime member of Ravelry. You can find our shop's Ravelry group (the Raging Wool Ravelers), along with the patterns, information and social interaction that Ravelry is so well known for.
What else is nearby?
Raging Wool Yarn Shop
1850 NW 122 Terrace
Pembroke Pines, Fl 33026