Prism Yarn Newest in Our Online Shop
It's HOT here in South Florida, and have we added some warm-weather yarn to the shop for you. Please join us in welcoming Prism Yarns' Euroflax Linen and Tencel Tape to the online store.
Euroflax Linen from Prism yarns is a sport weight 100% linen
yarn, perfect for warm-weather knit or crochet projects. This linen yarn works
quite well for weaving, too, producing a nice tight woven fabric. This is a
softer yarn than most other linen yarns due to the steaming process Prism uses.
The finished fabric becomes softer with each washing.We carry 8 colorways in the online shop!
We love these two free skirt pattern ideas for Euroflax - yes, skirts!
- A skirt with pockets? Yep! Cynthia Parker's Yoked Skirt with Pockets is a great idea for warm weather that's truly a unique knit. This pattern features minimal seaming and says it's "simple enough for a beginner." We're in love.
- Another skirt in linen - we can't help ourselves. This one sports gorgeous pleats - check out Trudy Van Stralen's Ashley skirt.
Tencel Tape (at right)by Prism is an eco-friendly yarn that’s 100% tencel, which comes from sustainable trees. This silky soft DK weight yarn has fabulous drape and has a higher more moisture-absorbing capacity than even cotton, making it a great warm-weather option. This fiber also absorbs dye quite well, making some vibrant colorways possible.
We think these free patterns will work quite well for Tencel Tape:
- Patricia Williams' crochet Edgewater Tunic is a great piece for summer and this lovely tape yarn. It's recommended for an experienced crocheter, and could be lengthened or shortened to suit your taste.
- Melissa Wehrle's cardigan titled Gigi a great little short-sleeved piece to pair with this yarn. We love the wider sleeves!
- We have Laura Bryant's Tencel Drop Stitch Scarf (seen at left) as a sample knit in the shop, if you want to come in and check it out for yourself. Lovely, right?
We're still adding yarn to the shop this summer on a weekly basis, so be sure to check back to see what's new. And you're always welcome to tell us what's on your needles and hooks on our Facebook wall, or in our Ravelry Group!